APLX Ajax 14Z
100% SCURRED/POLLED FLECKVIEH
Born: February 17, 2012
BW: 99 lbs
200 day: 849 lbs
365 day: 1511 lbs
SC: 39cm (Feb 28 – 12 months)
Sire: Gisdsco Appollo 3F
Dam: LFS Pol Adara 5W (MCC Tamarack 235K)
– Despite being a mid-February calf, APLX Ajax 14Z has kept up with the big boys all winter, developing a nice combination of performance and style with balanced birth weight and calving EPD’s.
– With his younger age, please note his adjusted weights are higher than his actual weight at the time.
– Ajax was born unassisted on the straw pack while we were away, and was up and drinking on his own when we got home.
– Cherry red and heavily pigmented, Ajax showcases our philosophy of crossing polled females back on proven AI sires in order to further diversify the polled genetic pool.
– Ajax was registered polled as a calf, but has developed small scurs since that time. We have left the scurs in place, and you will notice them in the picture and come sale day.
– Ajax measured an impressive 39cm scrotal at just over a year of age when he passed his semen test on Feb 28th.
– We selected Ajax’s dam, LFS Pol Adara, from the Langer’s as a heifer calf in the 2009 Equation sale. Now with her third calf at side, Adara has a nicely balanced udder, with 4 small teats.
– Adara is also backed by an amazing cow family behind her – JB CDN Amethyst and the great DSLS Josie cow.
– We have not been successful in getting a good picture of Ajax’s dam Adara – but she is more of a golden brown colour, with light pigmentation around both eyes.
– Ajax was selected by Conostoga Farms – Melvin and Linda Bingeman of Oyen for $5,500 at the 2013 Red Deer Simmental Bull Sale